LPN- HMC Clinics/ FT40/ Harrisburg
Hours per week:40
Performs a wide variety of patient care activities and assigned nursing procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients as directed by physician. Assists in preparation of patient for doctors exam, takes vital signs, observes patients, administers medication (except for I.V.s), records on patient medical record and assists patient activity.
Graduate of accredited one-year practical nurse program. Holds current license as a licensed practical nurse in the State of Illinois.
One year in licensed practical nurse duties in healthcare setting.
- Must have knowledge of policies/procedures of nursing department and HMC personnel policies.
- Completion of orientation as structured and in-services.
- Safety and infection control protocols for patient, visitors and self.
- Able to care for all age patients at 100% competency level.
- The staff member must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on their assigned unit.
- The partner must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and process the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed by the (neonate, pediatric, adolescent, or geriatric) patient group.
Patient care activities as assigned by physician such as in preparation of patient, takes vital signs, collects specimens, simple dressings, medication (except I.V.s), recording on patient medical record, and assist patient activity.
Able to lift 50 pounds or more in moving, lifting patients or equipment. Standing and walking most of time on duty. Auditory, visual, verbal acuity.
Communication skills and ability to understand instructions. Ability to perform a variety of activities in an atmosphere of change; handles stressful situations calmly. Public image positive to patients/family/staff.